Assistant Services Manager - Westbank
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £31,194.97 per annum FTE
About the role:
Are you a natural leader looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking to recruit a divergent thinker, logical problem-solver Assistant Services Manager who will become a proactive member of our Devon Carers team!
You will assist the Services Manager to lead and develop services delivered to unpaid carers that are not part of our core contract. This includes, but is not limited to, our Hospital Services, Time For You Sitting Service, Volunteer Services and Carer Ambassador and Participation Scheme.
You won’t be doing it all on your own as there is a large team to support, and you will assist in ensuring that services meet the needs of unpaid carers, are compliant with our contracts, and deliver value for Westbank.
As the Assistant Services Manager
• You will assist in line management of the Hospital Services, Time For You Project, Volunteer Services and Carer Ambassadors
• Monitor the outcomes of the services and report these to our Head of Carers
• You will monitor budgets for the service and disbursements, working closely with our Finance team to ensure that budgets are met, and invoicing kept up to date;
• You will Identify new and innovative approaches to deliver the services
• You will identify, recruit and support additional providers to the service
• You will support with the induction and training of new staff.
• You will maintain adequate records and report on outcomes and progress internally and to external parties (commissioners, NHS, Devon County Council etc.);
What we are looking for:
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please refer as to how you meet these in your covering letter, ensuring similar work examples are included:
• Experience of leading teams and supervising staff
• Experience of successful strategic and day-to-day management of services
• Ability to lead, mentor and develop a multi-disciplinary team of staff and volunteers, ensuring high levels of commitment and job satisfaction.
• Relevant experience of working in Health and Social Care, or a similar field.
• Relevant knowledge and understanding of unpaid carers and the challenges they face.
• Experience managing multiple streams of work to give deadlines
• Experience of starting new services, from conception to successful completion
• Good IT skills, including MS Office Packages.
In drafting your covering letter, please ensure you include an answer to the following questions:
1. Give an example of good Leadership and how you have demonstrated this in previous work roles.
2. Give an example of how you have managed difficult situations with staff, including performance management.
3. Give examples of how you manage your work life balance?
Additional information can be found in the Job Description
What we offer
• Working hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
• A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays
• The option to purchase additional holiday through salary sacrifice scheme;
• Access to exclusive staff discounts from days out and travel to accommodation, cinema tickets and supermarket discounts;
• Cycle to work scheme as well as free access to our onsite gym
• Staff discounts for our on-site Kidzone;
• Sick pay leave following successful completion of probation period;
• Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice;
This post is fixed term until 31st March 2024.
Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along with west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. Devon Carers is the focus for the delivery of a number of services for carers of all ages across Devon, including peer support, hospital services and young carers.
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit an up-to-date CV, with a covering letter outlining how you meet the shortlisting criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do, so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£31,194.97 per annum FTE
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week (Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm, Friday 8:30am - 4pm)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required