We are looking for an Assistant Principal of Education to join our team, who will oversee and develop the whole of the school’s curriculum and development, ensure the school runs effectively on a day-to-day basis including classroom delivery, assessments and all vocational activities, oversee and manage the school Quality assurance systems and work directly ensuring the school is compliant in line with external requirements/regulations.
Main duties and responsibilities to include:
• Supporting Staff development and upskilling tutors within the school to raise overall teaching standards.
• Support in the tracking of school performance and adherence to performance monitoring systems.
• Monitoring Data and embedding of educational interventions to meet all learners SEN/educational needs.
• Line managing all teaching staff in line with review policy.
• Coordinate the school EQA visits and internal IQA process.
• Carryout quality audits within all areas of the school’s pastoral & educational offer.
• To oversee and manage the effective delivery of the schools GCSE provision.
• To support in the development, delivery, and monitoring of the school’s foundation curriculum.
• To contribute to maintaining and improving the overall quality across the whole school.
• To carryout educational audits and monitor the performance of all staff within all classroom.
• To support and facilitate EHCP reviews for all learners within the school and across the school.
• To support the educational and logistical development across the school.
• To work cohesively as part of a senior management team.
• To support the school in developing funding opportunities and managing contracts with their stakeholders.
• Undertake relevant training, safeguarding, team teach and health & safety courses to support you in carrying out your role effectively.
• To support all members of staff when possible to feel supported, safe and aid with developments, referring to your line manager if further support is required.
• Ensure deadlines are met throughout the school, understand and follow all policies and procedures throughout the school.
• To attend staff meetings within the agreed periods of directed time. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities in relation to your role.
• To undertake a minimum of 30 hours CPD yearly in line with management targets set at appraisals and update CPD log accordingly.
• To regularly monitor, review and evaluate the safety, well-being and education of students in the school.
• Act within professional codes of practice. Particularly in relation to conduct and respect to other team members.
• Read and understand the company handbook.
• Read and understand the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ policy document.
• To ensure the school is working towards or meeting all Ofsted requirements inline with their framework.
• To support in any other area that the school’s leadership team identifies as an area for improvement within the school.
• To report and deal with any behavioural, incidents/safeguarding issues if possible or gain further support from Line manager/SGL if needed in line with the school’s sanction list and BMP procedures.
• To support all classes within each school and this includes 1-1 support if it’s identified by your line manager or a direct support need linked to a learner’s ESP/EHCP.
• Accompanying students on offsite trips and educational visits, evaluating, and assessing each student’s performance against set learning objectives.
• Undertake relevant training in safeguarding, follow ALL safeguarding updates. Conform to all requirements imposed by the school in relation to safeguarding. Follow strict CPOMS reporting procedures.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post, along with the relevant pre-employment checks.
For further information and to apply please visit Vacancies|Holsworthy, Devon|Highgate Hill House School (hhhschool.co.uk)
Interview Date: w/c 30th January 2023 (provisional)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool LeadershipTeaching – Further & Higher Education
- Salary Details
Competitive plus excellent benefits
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required