Ivy Education Trust is seeking to appoint a visionary and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher who will help drive the development and delivery of a motivating and engaging curriculum and continually develop the quality of teaching and learning at Dawlish College.
We are seeking to appoint a highly-effective school leader who will use evidence-informed approaches to drive improvement and implement change. The role represents an extremely exciting opportunity for an exceptional and committed individual to develop their career by taking on key senior leadership responsibilities.
The specific responsibilities of this role will be determined by the knowledge, skills, experience and, most importantly, values of the successful applicant. We are looking, first and foremost, for the right person. However, the role is likely to include leading on at least one or two (but definitely not all) of the following:
• Curriculum Intent & Assessment
• Student Personal Development & Co-Curricular
• Teaching Staff Development & Appraisal
• Support Staff Development & College Systems
• an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner and leader?
• committed to securing excellence in teaching and learning and maximising student outcomes?
• able to lead and manage the work of others with vision, energy and sensitivity?
• able to contribute to the strategic development of the College to ensure the College continually aspires to the highest standards?
• have a proven ability to drive sustained improvements in a middle or senior leadership capacity
• have the communication skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to motivate and inspire staff, students and key stakeholders
• be totally committed to our aims of increasing opportunities, maximising outcomes and improving the life chances of our students
• ensure an inspiring learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all our young people
• have incredibly high expectations of staff and students
We welcome applications from those with middle management or senior leadership experience. If you are excited by the opportunities and challenges that this role presents, think you can make a difference to our College and like the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly-motivated team in the delivery of excellence through education, then we want to hear from you!
The Ivy Education Trust works closely with all schools within the Trust and beyond. The Ivy Education Trust celebrates the diversity of each of its schools and is founded upon the alignment of vision and values that we all commonly hold to secure the best outcomes for our pupils.
The name of our Trust is inspired by the story of Dr Ivy Williams. Born in Teignbridge (Newton Abbot) in 1877, she managed what we would wish for all the children and young people that we serve in our schools by fulfilling her childhood dreams and ambitions.
On 10 May 1922 Dr Ivy Williams became the first woman to be called to the Bar (formally recognised as a qualified Barrister of Law) of England and Wales.
The story of Dr Ivy Williams reminds us of the famous quote from Michelangelo: “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
The Ivy Education Trust supports and challenges all members of our learning community to dream big, aim high, and achieve more than they ever thought was possible.
If you share these visions and aspirations, then we very much welcome your application for this post.
To arrange a visit to the College and/or to discuss the post with the Headteacher, please contact email@example.com making it clear you are enquiring about the post of Assistant Headteacher at Dawlish College.
Interview Date: w/c 2nd January 2023