Assistant Economic Development Officer - Projects & Comms (Ref 4906)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £26,357 - £29,439 per annum
Fixed Term: 12 month contract
The Digital and Sectors skills team is part of the wider Economy, Enterprise and Skills Team at Devon County Council, the team delivers strategic skills support for young people, adults and sectors in Devon to build a sustainable and prosperous region.
This exciting and fast paced role will provide crucial support to various project related activities, help with communication strategies and materials, such as drafting and editing newsletters, press releases, social media posts and website content and help ensure efficient administrative support across projects.
The post is offered on a fixed term basis.
What will I be working on?
Your primary focus will be the Train 4 Tomorrow ‘Skills for Life’ programme. Train 4 Tomorrow offers free, high quality training to employed and unemployed adults. The skills training is designed by industry to meet employers open and live vacancies and upskill existing employees. The programme, funded through the National Skills Fund, includes Skills Bootcamps in a range of sectors including Digital, Technical, Construction, Green skills and more. Skills Bootcamps have been designed to help people advance or pivot their skills in growing sectors and build resilience to the current economic climate.
What benefits will I get?
You’ll get a competitive salary, plus a range of benefits that include:
- 26 days annual
- Training to support your career goals
- Flexible hours working hours
- Time off for bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
Where will I be based?
- Hybrid working is available to all
- Our main office is in Exeter, there will be a requirement to work from Exeter to attend Team Meetings, project meetings etc
- Our projects can be based across Devon and Cornwall
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
Interview Date: 23/06/23
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working-The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.