Secondment Until 31st December 2023
The Finance Strategy Team is looking to fill an Assistant Accountant secondment opportunity until 31 December 2023. This is a part-time 0.80 FTE position, although we would consider full time applicants.
The primary role of the post holder is to help the Senior Accountants in the production of the Annual Statement of Accounts for Devon County Council and Devon Pension Fund. This will require excellent ability with Excel to analyse and interpret financial data. The post holder will need to have good communication skills.
Other duties include:
- The provision of accounting information at the year-end
- The monthly monitoring of total revenue expenditure and income
- Supporting the production of Pension Fund employer cashflow statements and responding to enquiries from the Pension Funds actuary.
- Assisting with the of the budget preparation process
- Supporting the Senior Accountant to provide the Head of Devon Audit Partnership an effective and independent financial management support service, and
- Supporting the Senior Accountant in maintaining the Authority’s fixed asset register.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Thursday 30 June 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by no later than Monday 4 July 2022, the selection process will be held during the week commencing 4 July 2022. There will also be a short test using Excel.
If you would like further information and an informal chat about the role, please contact Phil Edwards (01392 383326).
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.