If you are interested in starting or progressing your career in adult social care, this is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team, in a role which would suit a candidate with strong administrative and clerical skills. Devon County Council is investing in its social care workforce to ensure the people of Devon can access appropriate community assets and resources. Be part of our ongoing commitment to the excellent delivery of integrated care.
A key part of Adult Care and Health, Care Direct Plus have several vacancies for Arranging Support Co-ordinators based in Newton Abbot, an important role which supports clients following an assessment to meet their eligible care needs within Southern & Western Devon.
We are looking for applicants who are confident in communicating in a range of ways with our partners, service users and their families. This role operates within the context of limited availability of care provision at times you will communicate by telephone to negotiate on behalf of people in difficult or urgent situations, whilst ensuring accurate information is provided to external providers and care managers to support clients to live safely.
You will be confident with ICT, have excellent time-management skills with an attention to detail, and be able to work efficiently under pressure.. An ability and willingness to learn this high paced and varied role is crucial and you will be self-motivated whilst being adaptable to change; also, you will be able to manage your work both individually and as part of a team. You will be committed to equality and diversity, good customer service, and above all else, to achieving personalised outcomes for vulnerable people.
As an Arranging Support Co-ordinator, you will be working to help co-ordinate and source adult care services to meet eligible outcomes identified in assessment or review of need by care management staff. You will be working within agreed contracting arrangements to set up DCC and Health commissioned services with accredited providers or working to set up direct payments for service users who have opted to self-direct their own support. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and updating of relevant case management records and financial information to ensure accuracy of data.
Whilst ideally you will have experience of working in an administrative, clerical, or other function within a health or social care environment, we welcome applications from individuals who have the right skills to thrive in this role and who feel they could make a positive impact for the individuals we support.
In return, we will offer you the chance to be part of a friendly, supportive, and dynamic team with regular supervision, appraisal, team meetings, and access to learning and development opportunities.
The Arranging Support Co-ordinator role within Care Direct Plus will work a 5-day week on a staff rotation basis over six days; Monday to Saturday, office hours. Saturday working attracts an enhanced rate. Currently staff are required to work on average one Saturday every 17 weeks, though this may be subject to change to meet the needs of the service.
To apply online see the link below If you don’t have access to the internet access, please contact the First Stop Desk on 01392 383000 (8.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
Please be aware the interview process will include occupational testing prior to the interview, the scores from this will be combined with the interview scoring.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
For any further details or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact either:
Tom Greatbatch Arranging Support Team Manager CDP Southern firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Carter Deputy Centre Manager CDP Southern email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required