Care Direct Plus, part of Adult Social Care, has vacancies for a permanent Arranging Support Co-ordinator based in Exeter, covering Eastern Devon. If you are interested in progressing your career in the social care field this is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team as it transitions into new ways of working. Devon County Council is investing in its social care workforce to ensure the people of Devon can access appropriate community assets and resources. Be part of our ongoing commitment to excellent delivery and integrated care.
As an Arranging Support Co-ordinator, you will be working in the Care Direct Plus team to help source and co-ordinate adult care services to meet outcomes identified in individual support plans, following an assessment or review of need by care management staff. You will be working within agreed contracting arrangements to set up commissioned services with accredited providers, and direct payments for service users who have opted to self-direct their own support. You will be responsible for the maintenance and updating of relevant case management records and financial systems.
We are looking for applicants who will be confident in communicating with a range of support providers, with care managers and with service users and their families. In the context of limited availability of care provision, you will communicate by telephone to negotiate on behalf of people in sometimes difficult or urgent situations. You will be confident with ICT, have good time-management skills with an attention to detail and be able to work under pressure. You will be self-motivated, able to manage your work individually as well as working as part of a team and be adaptable to change. You will be committed to equality and diversity, to good customer service and to achieving personalised outcomes for vulnerable people. Ideally you will have experience of working in an administrative, clerical or other function within a social care or health environment.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive and dynamic team with regular supervision, appraisal, team meetings, and access to learning and development opportunities.
The Arranging Support Co-ordinator role within Care Direct Plus will work a 5-day week on a staff rotation basis over six days; Monday to Saturday, office hours. Saturday working attracts an enhanced rate. Currently staff are required to work on average one Saturday every 18 weeks, though this may be subject to change to meet the needs of the service.
To apply online visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk If you don’t have access to the internet access, please contact the First Stop Desk on 01392 383000 (8.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
Please note: the interview process will also include occupational testing.
For any further details or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact:
Anthony Corkin, Arranging Support Team Manager CDP Eastern email@example.com.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required