Devon County Council’s Virtual School for Children in Care is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced professional for the role of Area Learning Advocate, to join the team to deliver outstanding educational support for Devon’s Children in Care.
You will promote the achievement of Children in Care with all who support our children, including Social Workers, schools and Foster Carers. You will be responsible for Children in Care placed in settings in North Devon, as well as supporting a group of children placed in other Local Authority areas.
This position is based in Taw View, Civic Centre, North Walk, Barnstaple, Devon, with the opportunity for working from home on some days.
We have stated a latest start date of January 2023, ideally the successful applicant would be able to start any time from October 2022.
You will be passionate about securing effective support for Children in Care. You will ensure that any barriers to success are challenged, thereby promoting a culture of high aspiration for each individual Child in Care. You will have regular and direct contact with Designated Teachers and senior staff in schools, raising concerns about educational progress and holding schools to account for how the Pupil Premium Plus is deployed to improve outcomes. You will encourage a culture of celebrating the success of young people in Care.
It is therefore essential that applicants hold Qualified Teacher Status and have experience at a senior level in a school setting.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£38,553 - £42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required