Following our exciting recent Emergency Duty Service (EDS) redesign, we have the following roles to commence circa 1st September 2022:
Salary Grade; H up to £41,881pa + 20% unsocial hours allowance
3 x rotas available, shift patterns will be;
Monday - Sunday - 17:00 – 02:00 or 17:30 – 03:30 or 21:00 – 09:15
Weekend days – 08:30 – 17:30 or 09:00 – 18:00
Our Emergency Duty Service (EDS) provides key responses to urgent out-of-hours child protection and adult safeguarding concerns and carries out assessments under the Mental Health Act, as well as facilitating support to vulnerable Adults.
Following our new innovative in-house Emergency Duty Service (EDS) re-design, we are really excited to announce that we will be launching a new pioneering model for our out of hours services in Devon County Council. This revised service will be introduced as early as September 2022. It will involve implementing specialist service models for our 3 core EDS services (Adults, Children's and Mental Health) which will provide an improved, streamlined way of partnership working.
This initiative includes significant new investment and staffing levels to ensure improvements to our EDS. This enables increased positive outcomes for our children, young people and their families / carers, and to vulnerable adults and people experiencing mental health crises going forward.
Our re-design has meant that we have the additional qualified roles now available, and we would like to welcome our internal staff workforce to apply for these in the first instance.
If you are a qualified, currently registered, and experienced AMHP within one of DCC’s services currently and would like the opportunity to be part of EDS and feel you have the right skills to be an EDS member with a forward-thinking, solution focused approach to your Mental Health practice then we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please state your reason why you would like to apply and how you will add value to the EDS service in no longer than 500 words in your supporting statement.
If you have any queries about the role or would like an informal discussion, please contact Chris Collins, Service Manager EDS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.