Fixed Term 20 Months Apprenticeship
Are you interested in how passenger transport across Devon is coordinated and managed and want to be part of the team who make it happen?
Step into an apprenticeship with Devon County Council (DCC) and gain key skills and experience working in our Transport Coordination Service (TCS). We have exciting opportunities for Business Administration Apprentices to join TCS. You will learn how DCC organise and manage passenger transport across the County including enabling access to work, school and hospital.
Starting in July or August the duration of the Apprenticeship contract will be 20 months. You’ll receive full training, balancing your time between your role and training and working towards achieving a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification. The role could offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in transport and/or Devon County Council.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting teams with the day-to-day management of numerous transport contracts
- Answering client and contractor questions and offering advice during office open hours
- Helping to access eligibility for individuals to receive transport support
- Helping to monitor transport services, contractor performance and the management of the DCC fleet of vehicles
- Travelling around Devon assisting with updating publicity, passenger data and vehicle checks and monitoring transport contracts in progress
- Assisting in the planning of transport, including gathering information, keeping records and helping to implement changes
- Working across a range of IT systems
- Attending training events, courses and working on related assignments as part of your apprenticeship
What you will need to:
- Be of suitable academic ability i.e., minimum qualifications of grade C (4) GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Have an interest in the transport industry and/or working for a local authority
- Be able travel around the County, happy to use public transport and work flexibly
- Have good written and verbal skills being able to communicate clearly and with confidence in English
- Be organised, self-motivated, open-minded and enthusiastic about learning
- Be a problem solver and ready to use your creativity to figure out any problems you face.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeter
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
£18,516 - £18,887 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required