Fixed Term Until 31/08/24
The Data Apprenticeship post will work within Education and Learning focusing on the Systems and Data Collection methods we have in Devon County Council utilising the current technologies and resources available.
This is a great opportunity to work in fast paced team to utilise the skills learnt on the job as well theory learnt as part of the qualification. Devon County are an Equal Opportunities employer and look to support the right candidate to flourish in the role and learning journey.
What will an Apprentice learn?
A Data Technician Apprentice will source, format and present data securely in a relevant way. They will communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience; analyse numerical and text data to support business outcomes; gather data from multiple sources as directed and apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data. You will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, managers, customers and suppliers, working as part of a team.
• Sourcing data from a collection of trusted sources in a secure manner
• Collating and formatting data to facilitate processing and presentation for review and further advanced analysis by others
• Presenting data for review and analysis by others, using tables, charts, graphs and utilising data software programmes
• Collaborating with people both internally and externally at all levels to get the best value from data
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work ExperienceReporting, Data & MI
- Salary Details
£18,333 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required