Vocal Advocacy is Expanding!
There are exciting times ahead; this is a fantastic opportunity to join our small team and help us to expand.
- Are you an experienced advocate with a passion to uphold people’s rights?
- Do you have experience of the child protection process?
- Are you looking for an opportunity that will enable you to put your project development experience/ideas into action ?
- Do you have the enthusiasm and drive to take an idea and make it grow?
Thanks to grant funding from the Lloyds Bank Foundation, we are now able to develop new service initiatives and broaden our advocacy offer. We are looking for a sensitive, enthusiastic and effective communicator to join our small team of Independent Advocates.
Primarily you will support parents who have a learning disability or who have difficulty with cognitive functioning to effectively engage with the child protection process; you will take the lead in developing this service and broadening its remit.
Ideally you will be based in the South Devon area; there is a requirement to travel as part of the role and so having your own transport is essential, as is a flexible approach to your work.
Vocal is a small charity, providing advocacy for people who have a learning disability for nearly 30 years, during which time it has evolved and adapted to reflect the changes in local and national policy and the needs of the people who use the service. We are thrilled to have been selected by the Henry Smith Charity and Lloyds Bank Foundation to receive grant funding. We are now able to expand! Not just the size of our team, but the number of people we can support, the remit in which we work and perhaps our geographical boundaries.
(Registered charity 1152778)
For further information and an application pack please see our website vacancies page www.vocaladvocacy.org.uk
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
Work from home/ Occasional visits to the office in Dartington
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£27,994 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
18 hours (with opportunity to increase)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required