We are excited to offer this new opportunity to further develop our practice focused career pathway for Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. Here in Devon, we are passionate about developing people and committed to achieving excellence in practice, based on what matters to people.
The role of the Advanced Social Worker is key to driving best practice and supporting our teams to deliver the best outcomes alongside people.
Please click here video to watch our briefing presentation, which gives you further information on the Advanced Social Worker role.
We will be holding a briefing session for the Advanced Social Worker role, which we encourage you to attend. This session will give you further information on the role and also enable you to ask any questions you may have.
This session is being held via Microsoft Teams on the following date:
- Monday, 3rd April 2023 – 10:00am - 10:30am
If you would like to book onto this session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Thursday, 30th March 2023 so we can send you the link to attend.
About the Team / Area
We have the following opportunity to be an Advanced Social Worker:
- North Devon – Braunton, Lynmouth/Lynton, Ilfracombe and South Molton based team.
The successful applicant will join an established social care team, which is part of a larger, co-located and integrated community service, that includes community nursing and community therapy, working across a large geographical area - Braunton, Lynton/Lynmouth, Ilfracombe, South Molton/Chulmleigh. The main focus of the work is older adults, adults with physical disabilities, adults with learning disabilities.
There will be a need to be flexible in supporting workers with a wider range of casework, as the team work with a significant number of community partners, including Primary Care, voluntary/charitable sector, home care and care home providers, health specialists, mental health, etc.
The work is varied, challenging and interesting and will provide an opportunity (for the right candidate) to make a significant difference, in terms of driving practice change/improvement and informing service development. The locality has much to offer for all ages, with a mixture of urban and rural living and a wide variety of activities on offer.
Delivering services, based on what matters most to people, is at the very heart of what we do. Committed to championing high standards of professional practice both within the team and across the area you will be:
- Providing professional leadership and supervision/appraisal of staff
- Working alongside the Team Manager, staff, and a broad range of colleagues to contribute towards the delivery of a consistent, effective, and efficient service
- Ability to provide advanced decision making, problem solving and advice to the Social Care workforce in relation to practice issues.
- Supporting the Team Manager with day-to-day practice related operational duties
- Providing a lead practitioner role within the team, supporting the development of solid evidenced based practice
Join Us and Experience…
- Being part of a progressive, forward-thinking team where you will be encouraged to share input, insight, and knowledge
- A commitment to your continuous professional development, carving out a career path that meets your individual aspirations and goals
- Options for flexible working, wellbeing schemes and a person-centred, inclusive workplace culture
- A beautiful place to live and work that has a little bit of everything - incredible beaches, pretty villages, vibrant cities and the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK
Join us to progress your career, have a voice, enjoy autonomy and a platform to share your knowledge and experience with others to inspire, encourage, and lead professional practice.
Be recognised. Be valued. Be heard… and be celebrated.
We are committed to ensuring a person-centred culture, putting people at the forefront of what we do. Both as a local authority, and as an employer, we adopt a forward-thinking, proactive approach to continuously shaping and delivering innovative professional practice and workforce solutions. We are passionate about championing and promoting better ways of working for our people, those who we support and our communities across Devon.
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for the next exciting step in your career? Do you want to be a part of an organisation that is committed to investing in people, and investing in practice?
If you answered yes and have the following experience, we want to hear from you:
- Passionate about promoting independence, health and wellbeing and rights for the people of Devon.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, adopting a person-centred approach to practice
- Substantial post-qualifying experience as a registered practitioner in Social Work
- In-depth knowledge of professional practice, working theories and models, embedding these into practice and evaluating effectiveness
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and inspection framework within which services operate
- Demonstrable experience of leading improvement and challenging the quality of practice within the application of the expected standards
- Experience of coaching and mentoring professional colleagues
Investing in People & Practice
Our core values underpin organisational culture and vision, which we embed into authentic, committed, and inspirational management and leadership. Our progression and development routes are designed to help you shape a career path that suits your individual goals. We will be here to support you every step of the way in your continued professional development.
We asked our current Advanced Social Workers what they enjoy about the role:
“I have been extremely well supported by my Manager and work very closely and positively with the Managers in the Team. I feel very enthusiastic about the role, and I feel really fortunate to have been offered it!”
“I am very happy to have been appointed and enjoying the role. I have felt a real sense of achievement and progression within the role, I have the space to be able to understand the workers and the other teams we work closely alongside. This role gives me the opportunity to think creatively and work towards solutions whilst supporting the overall wellbeing of the team”.
Join us and make a difference where it matters most.