We are looking for Social Workers to join our Integrated Adult Social Care Teams to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable adults across Devon.
We have both full time and part time opportunities available throughout the county of Devon in the following Teams:
- Devon Sensory Team
- Newton Abbot Community Health and Social Care Team
- Moor to Sea Community Health and Social Care Team
- Okehampton Community Health and Social Care Team
- Crediton Community Health and Social Care Team
- Exmouth Community Health and Social Care Team
- Barnstaple Community Health and Social Care Team
- Holsworthy & Torrington Community Health and Social Care Team
- County Disabilities Team
Please see our Vacancy List Adults SSW .docx for further information on all of the above opportunities.
Please highlight in the preference box on your application form which role(s) you are interested in being considered for.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
An experienced and qualified Social Worker (CQSW, DipSW, BA Hons, MA or equivalent) who is registered to practice with Social Work England, you will have completed the Assessed First Year in (post-qualifying) Social Work practice, if appropriate.
You should demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as we are committed to supporting you to look at post-qualifying opportunities during your career with us. Bringing a comprehensive working knowledge of the issues currently impacting on social care delivery, you will be up to date with policy and practice development.
The roles require travelling significant distances, sometimes in urgent situations and without prior notice, in a rural environment where public transport may not be available. Our posts all carry an essential car user role, and you will need to hold a current full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
About the Role
As a Social Worker you will assess and plan support for a range of complex case work, as well as providing professional advice, mentoring and support to your colleagues, newly qualified social workers and student social workers. We have an expectation that you will have a sound working knowledge of social care legislation.
You will carry out safeguarding enquiries where adults are at risk of abuse or neglect and with good assessment skills, undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and inform Best Interest decisions to ensure that people are living as independently as possible.
Employing a strengths-based approach, you will be creative in your thinking and employ a person-centred approach to your work. Good time management and organisational skills will support you to manage your work/life balance.
For further information on the roles available please contact the Team Manager for the individual vacancies as noted on the vacancy list or contact the Adult Care Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Please note: Additional vacancies may become available or removed during the period of the advert.
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£33,820 - £39,493 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
Up to 37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required