Part time 29.6 hours per week
Can you inspire, encourage, support, and develop excellent social work practice to achieve permanency and make a real difference in the lives of children and young people?
Are you someone who is practice focused and passionate about delivering the best outcomes for children and families?
Would you like to spend every day at work knowing that you have made a positive difference in the lives of children?
If yes, we have the perfect role for you!
Adopt South West is an innovative and supportive regional adoption agency covering Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. Adopt South West is hosted by Devon County Council.
Adopt South West are looking to recruit a part time Family Finding Social Worker to join our amazing team based in Devon or Somerset (office base negotiable).
You will be energetic, inspirational, and passionate about achieving positive outcomes for the children and young people in our care. You can expect to be welcomed into committed and supportive staff teams who will offer great peer support to help you to learn the role and fulfil your remit. Monthly supervision and team meetings plus ongoing training tailored to meet the needs of our staff will be offered to you.
About the role
As the Family Finding Social Worker for Adopt South West, you will play a key role in supporting Children’s Social Workers through the adoption process, identifying adoptive families and ensuring that children transition to their families at the earliest opportunity. Fostering for adoption is a large part of the role.
You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills to successfully liaise with other authorities and adoption agencies across the UK. You will evidence a child-centred approach, as well as good organisational skills and an ability to work with a wide variety of people- foster carers, adopters, social workers and other professionals, both locally and nationally.
Responsibilities will include;
- Complying with adoption legislation, guidance, national minimum standards and departmental policies.
- Undertaking work with agencies both locally and nationally to identify suitable adoptive families.
- Organising and attending Family Finding events both locally and nationally.
- Supporting the delivery of training and workshops.
- Identifying children’s needs and developing appropriate support packages.
- Chairing Child Appreciation days (full training will be provided).
- Providing advice and support to social workers in undertaking direct work with children in preparing them for a move to a new family.
- Undertaking assessment to support the formal linking for children and adopters.
- Drafting transition plans for children moving to their new homes.
There will be opportunities within this role to contribute to the development of the service we offer to adopters and children as we continually review how we work with children and families.
Please note, flexible working hours, travelling and some travel may be required.
• Closing Date: Monday 18th July 2022
• Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 19th July 2022
• Interview Date: Thursday and / or Friday 21st and 22nd July 2022
For an informal discussion please contact Family Finding Team Manager, Helen Atkinson on 01392 382128.