Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education Services is a not-for-profit company established in 2004. The company now operates eight independent special schools and additional support services around the country for young people with a range of diverse special educational needs. Students have their places funded by their local authorities or schools.
On Track Education Barnstaple opened in September 2015 and now occupies three sites in Barnstaple and Bideford. One is situated on the Whiddon Valley Industrial Estate and is designed for use by students who are on the autistic spectrum and students who live with high levels of anxiety or who need a low-stimulation, highly private environment. Our site on the Roundswell estate allows us to cater for students who are still developing their learning skills and who need high levels of flexibility, behavioural support and appropriate social interaction inputs. Our new site in Northam has given us space for experiential learning and the delivery of Thrive and therapy sessions. Our sites have easy access to the towns and to lots of businesses for work experience and social skill development opportunities.
We provide education for students with a range of SEND including self-esteem, mental health, ASC, genetic/hormonal conditions and emotional needs. The students, who all have EHCPs, each follow a personalised, individual curriculum ranging from Early Years provision to GCSE and Vocational Qualifications. It was described in the latest Ofsted report as a 'good environment in which to learn' having 'effective tracking of pupils' academic progress', where 'pupils are safe and feel safe' and attendance is 'particularly strong'. The school provides full-time education for the students on roll as well as outreach, intervention and tuition services for other schools in the area.
• Provide clerical and administrative support as required to support the smooth running of the school;
• Provide administrative support to the school SENCO;
• To be the first point of contact for all enquiries to the school;
• Prepare and maintain manual and computerised data records.
• Experience of working within an administrative role;
• Professional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Good general standard of education (GCSE Grade C in English and Maths) and IT proficiency.
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development;
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked;
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team.
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020, therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed and, if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On enquiry you will be sent an application form to complete.
Please apply by 5pm on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£19,760 - £25,410 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required