Okehampton Primary School is delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust, a Trust consisting of 3 secondary, 14 primary schools and a new SEMH school.
Your main place of work will be Okehampton Primary School but you will be required to work at any of the schools within the multi-academy trust at any time or for any period as directed.
This job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post. Discussions will take place on a regular basis to clarify individual responsibilities within the general framework and character of the post as identified below.
- To act as a first point of reference when people arrive.
- To provide administrative support to the school as directed by the Principal.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school and meeting the needs of the children.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all visitors to the School.
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls.
- Process and distribute incoming post.
- Carry out general administration duties including secretarial, clerical and financial support using the MAT/schools systems e.g. Sims, PS people.
- Maintain the email account responding to queries / directing enquiries as required.
- Assist in the upkeep of records using MAT/school systems e.g. parent lite /school gateway.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and orderly admin office.
Data Protection / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The Privacy Notice sets out our general principles in relation to Data Protection and the General Data Protection Regulations.
You should also abide all Trust policies relating to the use of data including but not limited to:
· Acceptable Use Policy
· Records Retention Policy
· Personal Data Breach Procedure
· Employee Code of Conduct
· E-safety Policy
· Social Media Policy
· Use of Personal Devices Policy
Our Privacy Notice for Employees explains how we use your personal data.
You should note that a duty of confidentiality applies to all personal data you see prior to your first day of employment (for example, pupil lists for the purposes of lesson planning or other activities to support teaching and learning). This reflects the custom and practice of teachers’ contracts of employment starting on the first day of term while recognising the need to be aware of and plan to support pupil needs.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For more information and to apply visit https://dartmoormat.org.uk/careers-with-us/support-staff-vacancies/
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
Grade C: £10.98 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
8:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday, (term time plus 5 non-pupil days) 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required