Administrative Assistant - Magdalen Court School
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- £15,856 per annum (actual salary)
Magdalen Court School provides education for up to 80 pupils with special educational needs. The focus for the school is to support pupils with high levels of anxiety and specific learning difficulties including autism.
Magdalen Court School strives to create an environment where each pupil’s individual strengths, talents and aptitudes are nurtured and developed. It is an inclusive school which works to provide a first-class education that encourages pupils to think independently and to develop their full intellectual, creative and physical potential. Its success is the result of the recognition of the unique worth and importance of each child.
By knowing every pupil socially, emotionally and academically, Magdalen Court School can be sure that each pupil will flourish and acquire the confidence and self-belief to achieve a fulfilling and successful future and to become confident, accomplished and ambitious young adults.
Magdalen Court School are looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant who is responsible for Attendance and other duties within our busy school office
The main focus of the role will be:
- Monitor pupil attendance on schools MIS and ring parents/carers for First Day Calling
- Extract attendance reports for use by staff or DCC
- Maintain accurate pupil contact information and update contact folder
- Prepare pupil admission packs for transition of new pupils
- Following pupil admissions ensure all required admission forms are completed and chase up as necessary
- Input new pupil admissions data into schools MIS
- Ensure that all pupil files/information is collected from previous schools and passed on to EHCP Administrator
- Supervise pupils brought to reception for medical or behaviour issues
- Sending letters to parents about their child’s attendance
- Supporting attendance target setting
- Provide attendance reports to SLT and DCC
- Provide comprehensive reception duties: communicating effectively to pupils, parents/carers, staff, other professional and members of the public face to face and on the telephone and in doing so promoting a positive image of the school.
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice, which is attached with this pack, before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
Interested applicants may email firstname.lastname@example.org and to discuss the role further and/ or arrange a visit.
How to apply: Please complete the teacher’s application form which can be found on our school website Magdalen Court School - Home
When completing application forms, applicants are advised that submitting an incorrect or insufficiently completed application form will result in non-selection for an interview. Particular attention should be made to supplying a full career history since secondary education and referees meeting the required criteria
Please send completed applications to email@example.com
Please note CVs will not be considered. We reserve the right to conclude the application period before the closing date.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£15,856 per annum (actual salary)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday, 36.6 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required