Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in Totnes is a mixed, day special school which opened in November 2005. The school provides education for up to 48 pupils aged 7-19 who benefit from small group and individualised learning. We use the Thrive approach to develop healthy, happy, confident children who are ready and open to learning. The main school is located in Totnes with a second school site nearby in Seale Hayne Business Centre, Newton Abbot.
We are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to work at the Seale Hayne site.
• To be the first point of contact for both telephone and face to face enquiries at the school for pupils, staff and members of the public;
• To liaise with the school’s central office in the management of the site including attendance, timetabling and cover arrangements;
• To undertake pastoral, behaviour and welfare for pupils where required;
• To ensure the school’s security and safeguarding arrangements are always complied with.
• Previous experience of working in an administrative role;
• Previous experience of administration work in a school would be an advantage;
• Knowledge and understanding of data protection and confidentiality requirements;
• Professional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Good general standard of education (GCSE Grade C in English and Maths) and IT proficiency.
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development;
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked;
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team.
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020, therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed and, if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form, email email@example.com.
Please apply by 5pm on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£24,420 - £30,980 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required