We are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to assist with our KS2 interventions and support. Working alongside teachers and our Assistant Head teachers, your role will be to implement intervention support for small groups of children and on a 1:1 basis, mainly covering English and Maths skills to build on their confidence and understanding.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who:
• Can deliver engaging sessions to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives;
• Has relevant HLTA or equivalent qualifications or the desire to do so;
• Has experience of working in KS2 along with having a good knowledge of the KS2 National Curriculum requirements;
• Has an interest to work with SEND (desirable but not essential);
• Will work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in curriculum planning and the management/preparation of resources;
• Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion;
• Can demonstrate safeguarding standards in all practice;
• Has the ability to encourage every child to learn, aspire and achieve;
• Has enthusiasm, skill and the desire to make a difference.
Preferably we are looking for a full time position, but we may be able to offer some flexibility in working times and hours. Please give us a call or visit to find out more. This role is due to start on 20th February 2023. This role will initially be until 31 August 2023. The post is temporary due to funding.
If you think this role may be for you and want to be involved at this exciting time in our development and have any questions about the position, please get in touch by calling the School Office on 01395 232614 or email us at email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£26,357 - £29,439 FTE
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeTerm Time
Up to 32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required