Kingsbridge Community Primary School have two vacancies for 1:1 Teaching Assistants to start in September 2022. These are fixed term posts linked to SEN funding for the pupils. We would happily consider job shares for both positions.
We are looking for a 1:1 teaching assistant who is deaf aware and has experience of Makaton to support the learning, social and emotional needs of a pupil in Reception.
We require an effective and resilient 1:1 teaching assistant to work alongside a pupil in Year 2 with additional needs including a hearing impairment.
For both posts, you will:
• Be supportive, patient, resilient, friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and creative and be willing to assist with the personal needs of the pupil as well;
• Work under the direction of the class teachers, SENDCO and school leaders to lead and organise activities for the pupil;
• Support the child to be included in all aspects of the school, through modelling and remodelling of language used by others;
• Develop and reinforce key vocabulary through regular pre and post teaching;
• Act as an important communication link between home and school;
• Support the specific learning needs of the pupil so that they can access the curriculum and socialise with their peers.
Previous experience of working with children and young people with a hearing impairment is an advantage.
Kingsbridge Community Primary School is part of The South Hams Federation, five primary schools based in the South Hams region of Devon comprising of Kingsbridge, Loddiswell, Malborough with South Huish Church of England, Modbury and Stokenham. All of the schools are Devon maintained.
Please contact Helen Leather for further details on 01548 580551.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Visit www.kingsbridgeprimary.co.uk (Vacancies page) to download an application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Interview Date: 7 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.99 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required