Required to start October half-term 2022.
Are you an outstanding primary practitioner, well qualified and suitably experienced to be able to become our next Assistant Head of School?
Can you confidently lead and manage teams across a large, busy primary school and liaise confidently across a wide range of stakeholders including external agencies, parents, carers, staff, Governors and the wider community?
If so, we wish to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced individual for the position of Assistant Head of School.
With the necessary skill set, experience, qualification and passion for your field, we are seeking an outstanding individual who will work with the Head of School and the other members of the leadership team to take Heathcoat Primary School forwards, ensuring excellent outcomes for all learners and staff alike.
This role will involve teaching Year 6, 0.5 FTE as part of a job share, and leading the KS2 team of teaching staff.
We are looking someone who:
• Has a good sense of humour, patience and the empathy needed to ensure that all children feel valued and nurtured within our setting;
• Has the imagination and confidence to make learning fun;
• Is resilient, reflective and dedicated;
• Is an exemplary curriculum leader;
• Promotes collegiate working within school and with multi-agency partners to meet the needs of children;
• Is outward looking and keen to work in close partnership with the local community and professional networks;
• Is an outstanding and inspirational teacher with a commitment and passion for learning and raising standards;
• Has the ability to motivate, lead and inspire others;
• Is innovative, organised and highly motivated with excellent management skills;
• Has an expert understanding of the curriculum;
• Leads, analyses and uses data with confidence to evaluate provision and make strategic decisions;
• Demonstrates determination, imagination and commitment to sustained improvement;
• Has high expectations of pupil achievement, behaviour and attitude;
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and desire to maintain positive links between the school, parents and the wider community;
• Routinely demonstrates ambition and drive to achieve success in the role and in their future career;
• Demonstrates strong personal drive and resilience.
If you have the required experience, talent, vision, knowledge and skills to be able to support all our staff in delivering exemplary curriculum provision for all vulnerable groups of pupils, we would strongly encourage you to apply.
This is an important role for us, and we welcome face to face visits prior to application, so please contact our friendly office staff on 01884 252445 to book a personal appointment with the Head of School.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 18 and 19 July 2022