This is a fixed term contract to support 2 children, one in Year 3 and one in Year 4.
A great opportunity has arisen to work within our successful, caring and inclusive church school. Withycombe Raleigh is a popular, large and successful coastal town school with excellent resources and a highly regarded team of teaching and non-teaching staff.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally experience in working with boys who have academic difficulties; who need a good relationship with staff who can maximise their potential, understand their needs and put in place strategies to help them succeed in years 3 & 4.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills.
- The ability to deliver effective interventions, such as Speech and Language Support and Funfit. Numerate and with good standards of spoken and written English.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with children and adults.
- Have a good sense of humour and fun, with a desire to make a difference in helping all children to learn to their potential.
- The opportunity to work in a large, happy and caring school with a great team of support staff who have high aspirations for all of our children.
- Work with other staff who are highly motivated, supportive and committed to the very best for our children.
- To work in a welcoming, happy environment where hard work and commitment is valued.
- Support for training for a range of interventions and learning strategies
- To work in a well resourced school offering a wealth of learning experiences and opportunities for our children.
- A church school that has strong core values and high expectations of behaviour and learning.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 12noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 31st October 2023
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade B £10.79 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
full time, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required