Required to start as soon as possible.
We have a vacancy for a Teaching Assistant working one to one with an autistic student, currently in Year 8. The role is fixed term for the duration of the student’s ECHP funding or their attendance at TGGS. The hours will be 6.5 per day, 5 days per week.
Please see the person specification and job description for more information.
What We’re Looking For
• Ability to relate well to students and adults;
• An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities;
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team;
• Work experience in a similar role, including working with students with ASD;
• Experience of working with students with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP);
• The ability to use school IT systems.
Please see the Person Specification for further information.
Why Work With Us?
• There is a range of social activities for staff, with end-of-term socials at a variety of local venues. Friday Club where staff meet for coffee, tea and biscuits. Staff meet for annual celebrations such as our carol service, concerts, plays and productions; there are end-of-term staff lunches;
• TGGS has a strong House Culture and all new members of staff are assigned to one of our five Houses. You will have the opportunity to take part in the wide variety of house activities including staff vs students sports, fundraising activities, Sponsored Walk and the House Shout;
• The Sports Hall provides a fitness suite, with £50,000 of machines, and is free for staff use;
• During the summer holidays, staff teams have completed the 3 Peaks Challenge and the Perambulation of Dartmoor. We have a Trekking club and newly-formed Veg club;
• You will have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
How Well Are We Doing?
• Our partnerships are enriching our experience: one example is membership of SWAT, a Trust with 11 other top performing grammar schools, which delivers huge benefits to both staff and students. As an Academy, we have more control over our affairs and destiny. It is a supportive and happy place to work;
• We are one of the top performing state schools nationally and, for the past 3 years, we have received a written letter of congratulations from the Minister for Schools for our high Progress scores;
• We were the Sunday Times South West State School of the Year 2019 and we are the top school in Devon and Cornwall 2020 in the Real Schools Guide;
• We were inspected by Ofsted in September 2011 and they judged us to be outstanding in all 22 key judgements and hence Outstanding overall. They wrote in the report that “Staff morale is very high”; the recent staff well-being and workload survey confirms this;
• 95%+ of pupils go on to top universities with some 10+ applying to Oxford or Cambridge each year. The school is extremely fortunate in attracting and retaining staff of the highest quality;
• We have a major focus on our 10 Habits to help live a big, long, happy and healthy life for both staff and students; this has drawn interest in the national press (TES) and at the ministerial level. Our political efforts to give students a voice in climate change have had influence nationally and internationally. We are UK Parliament School of the Year 2020.
Further information about the school can be obtained from www.tggsacademy.org.
For questions about the role, please contact Mrs Zoe Beard, SENDCo, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
TGGS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all shortlisted applicants, and the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and other employment checks.
To apply, please visit www.tggsacademy.org/vacancies and follow the application process.
All applications must be on the Application Form - CVs are not accepted.
For enquiries about the application process, email email@example.com or telephone 01803 613215.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade B £18,698 per annum pro rata (£13,733 per annum actual)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required