1:1 Teaching Assistant - Drakes C of E Primary School (Link Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- TA: NJC Grade C, £10.98 per hour; MTA: NJC Grade A, £10.50 per hour
Teaching Assistant: 10 hours per week, (Monday & Tuesday)
Mealtime Assistant: 2.5 hours per week, (Monday & Tuesday)
This post is fixed term linked to EHCP funding for a specific support for a pupil with special educational needs. To commence April 2023, or earlier if possible.
There is an opportunity if wanted for additional hours for the successful candidate to assist with the wrap around care in Breakfast and After School Club on a casual basis.
Required from April 2023 to join our successful and caring team. The post is to work as a 1:1 support for a child in KS1 with special educational needs. We are looking for someone with a strong, sensitive and caring approach to children’s needs, who can be flexible and is able to be an effective communicator and think creatively.
The Link Academy Trust offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed. You will need to show initiative, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful and growing team to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’.
We want you to come and join our happy, positive learning environments where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Have experience in a similar role in a school;
You should have a good knowledge of phonics plus literacy and numeracy to GCSE A-C or equivalent.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and Social Media check.
To download an application form, please see the school website: http://www.drakes.thelink.academy/website/vacancies/452841
Completed applications should be emailed direct to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 27th March 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
TA: NJC Grade C, £10.98 per hour; MTA: NJC Grade A, £10.50 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
2 days per week (Monday & Tuesday)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required