Required to start September 2022.
This post is temporary linked to SEN funding and is subject to the continued attendance of the pupil.
The Acorn Multi Academy Trust consists of seven schools; St Andrew’s CE Primary, Chardstock, Mrs Ethelston’s CE Primary, Uplyme, Axminster Community Primary, Membury Primary, St Mary’s CE Primary, Thorncombe, Loders CE Primary and Marshwood CE Primary, Bridport.
We are looking for a new team member to join us to support a child in Key Stage 1.
The role will require you to have experience of working with children/young people who show communication and social interaction difficulties. The successful candidate will join our experienced team in supporting the child with social interaction, play based learning, and engaging in the school day.
All candidates will be required to:
- Be qualified to a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent is desirable
- Complete Safer Handling Training
- Have a passion for working with children
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to engage with children, parents and colleagues
- Have an interest in Special Needs
- Have knowledge or experience of ELSA (desirable)
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of safeguarding and welfare procedures;
- Be able to work effectively under the direction of the class teacher whilst also being able to use their own initiative
Candidates will need:
- An understanding of and commitment to positive behaviour management
- Personal resilience
- Sense of humour
- To be professionally reflective
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Axminster Primary and speak to Luke Owen on 01297 33005.
Further information about the Multi Academy Trust is also available by visiting the website www.acornacademy.org
For further information for this vacancy and to apply please visit https://jobs.acornacademy.org/
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview date: Thursday 30th June 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
C Grade 4–6: £14,056 - £14,625 (£19,264 - £20,043 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time/Term TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) term time only
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required