Location: Exeter/East and Mid Devon (opportunity to be based at Exmouth / Exeter or Tiverton)
The post is one year fixed term (potential to become permanent)
SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and help them to engage positively in their school or college? Do you love a challenge?
Due to growth we have the exciting opportunity for a Senior Youth Support Worker to join our expanding organisation and work with young people across East, Mid Devon and in the City of Exeter.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our Education Support Service, delivering high quality youth work packages and programmes of support. You will work with young people 1:1, in groups and with colleagues, whole class PSHE sessions.
What the role includes:
● To work as part of our Space Education Support Service team.
● Delivering a range of high quality youth work to young people in, schools, colleges and youth centres
● Working collaboratively with Space colleagues and partner agencies to ensure young people’s holistic needs are met
● You will need to be flexible and self motivated
● Have the ability to travel to multiple locations including remote and rural settings.
● Have excellent time keeping and organisational skills
● Be committed to anti oppressive practice and young people’s rights
● Have good communication skills and the ability to record and report on your work effectively
● Occasional delivery during school holidays
Who we’re looking for
● We are looking for caring, dynamic and self motivated youth workers - training available
● Committed to collaborative working
● You are able to work autonomously and set your own timelines
● Able to collate and present your work to a variety of audiences
● You are kind, considerate and empathetic
● Have a passion to support young people to recognise their potential
● You are flexible and able to work hours that meet the needs of the young people.
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
What we offer
● Annual leave: 6 weeks for the first 5 years then increased to 7 weeks (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
● Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
● Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
● Employee assistance programme 24/7
● Casual dress code
● Flexible schedule
● Social occasions
● Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
● Enhanced sick pay
● Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
● Chromebook and work mobile
● Value-driven culture
How to apply
Please read the job descriptions and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for these roles even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
If you’d like an informal discussion about the roles, please contact Lisa on 07590 639440 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org.
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
● An identity check (photo ID)
● Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
● Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
● A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to email@example.com or posting to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Deadline for applications: 5th February.
Interview Date: Will be held at the Station Youth Centre on Friday 10th February 2023 (daytime).
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
Exeter/East and Mid Devon (opportunity to be based at Exmouth/Exeter or Tiverton)
- Occupational GroupYouth & Community
- Salary Details
JNC: unqualified scale pt 9 - 10, qualified scale pt 10 - 13: £21,814.00 - £25,756.00 FTE
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
30 - 37 hours per week (negotiable)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required