We are looking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to join our thriving school. You will start on, or as soon as possible after, 5 September 2022.
The post is temporary for one year to enable us to use the Covid catch up funding and School Led Tutoring (these are time limited).
The role involves working mainly supporting individuals or small groups. You will be working both in and out of the classroom, directed by, and alongside, members of our teaching team. We are a motivated and supportive team focused on working with families to create a happy, inspiring and empowering learning journey for every child.
The role may include supporting classes across the primary school, or mainly within one class.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will make a significant contribution to the success of children’s wellbeing and learning;
• Communicates effectively with a range of audiences and understands the need for non-verbal communication at times;
• Works well in a team, is flexible, organised, works calmly under pressure and has a solution focused approach;
• Demonstrates high expectations of all children’s learning and behaviour;
• Has a proven experience in inspiring, enabling, motivating and empowering children to be independent in their learning;
• Will be involved in preparation, delivery and assessment of learning and intervention for individuals and groups in classes where they are working;
• Commits to supporting and modelling our school's Vision to ‘live life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10);
• Is willing to fully engage in professional development;
• Knows they make a difference and will go the extra mile to make it happen.
Visits to our school are possible through the summer holidays (after 15 August 2022). Discussions with the Headteacher are also welcome. Please contact the school on 01395 264300 before 3pm on 26 July 2022, or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. Emails will be picked up after 15 August 2022 during the school holidays.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
A job description, person specification and application form are available from www.beacon-ce-primary.devon.sch.uk/about-us/our-staff/staff-vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned to Mrs Anne Billington, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Beacon Church of England (VA) Primary School, 1 Beacon Place, Exmouth, Devon EX8 2SR.
Please apply by 8am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 5 / 6 September 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.60 - £9.79 per hour (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required