Braunton Academy wish to recruit an Attendance Officer who, under the guidance of the Assistant Vice Principal (Inclusion and Pastoral Leader) will be responsible for improving academy attendance and reducing student absence, family liaison/support.
Duties will include:
● Promote and support high levels of attendance in order to meet Government targets.
● Assist in the development of a partnership between the home and Academy.
● Support the Academy in fulfilling its statutory duties in relation to attendance and following appropriate protocols.
● Work with Academy and other agencies to reduce persistent absence, improve social/educational inclusion, and behaviour.
● To monitor whole Academy attendance data and advise key staff of trends, concerns and referrals.
● To refer cases, as required to the Academy’s Designated Person for Safeguarding (Child Protection).
● Work to the demands of the post and meet deadlines
● Handle sensitive information in line with Academy policies.
● Meet parents and students (regular and unannounced home visits are an essential task of the job) to agree action to reduce absence and improve attendance.
This is a key role within the school and the successful candidates must be able to work as part of a team, as well as on their own.
Safeguarding: Braunton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and full identity and qualification checks.
If you believe you have the ability, skills and qualifications to fulfil this post, please review our academy website, HOME | Braunton Academy Recruitment section, where you will find further information. Please download and complete a Braunton Academy application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Please note, we do not accept CVs
Interview date: Wednesday 7th September 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade D.7 - D12: £10.60 -£11.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week (Monday - Thursday 8am - 4pm & Friday 8am - 3.30pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break per day), 39 weeks per annum (this includes inset days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required