We are looking for an experienced Nursery Assistant to join our friendly team at the Nest Nursery in Brixham. We are looking for staff who can be flexible and work as an effective member of an Early Years team delivering high quality, education and child centred service that meets the needs of the young children and their families.
You will be working in a fun and caring environment, with the time and space to develop relationships with the children in your care. You will be responsible for a group of key children and plan, organise and implement a programme of activities linked to the EYFS to meet the needs of individual children and the nursery as a whole.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team to provide a stimulating, caring, inviting environment for young children and a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for parents/carers.
- To ensure that the developmental needs of each child are met through the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To observe, monitor, record and plan for children’s development
- Awareness of early years foundation stage and welfare requirements
- Level 2/3 NVQ in Childcare would be desireable but not essential.
- Experience in a childcare setting
What we can offer you
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) – accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary placements across the County Council and other organisations
For an informal discussion about joining us, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions.
- Work Location
- Occupational Group
- Salary Details
9.43 per hour
- Job Term
- Appointment Type
10 -15 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required