Clyst Hydon Primary School is set in a beautiful rural location, with easy access from the M5 and A30. This delightful village school is situated at the heart of the community. The school ethos aims to provide a vibrant and exciting learning environment where all children are provided with opportunities to succeed. We want to give our children a desire for knowledge that will stay with them their entire lives. Our curriculum aims to give academic success, with an emphasis on social, physical and creative opportunities. The school is currently in a Management Partnership with The Devon Moors Federation.
Clyst Hydon Primary School currently has two vacancies for inspirational class teachers to work across our school but mainly in our Key Stage 2 class. We are a two class school with one class for Reception to year 2 and a KS2 class for years 3 – 6. We currently have two vacancies at the school but both posts could be covered by one person.
Post 1 (0.33 FTE) is to cover PPA and management release time across both KS1 and KS2. This post is permanent.
Post 2 (0.33 FTE) is to cover KS2 from January 2022 until the end of the summer term. This post is fixed term for two terms, due to a temporary increase in workload at the school.
Are you a dynamic teacher who enjoys taking risks, embraces change, challenges the status quo, thinks creatively and believes in teamwork and collaboration?
Are you a teacher with high expectations for children’s achievement and behaviour?
Do you have the ability to plan exciting and creative lessons that make learning engaging and fun?
If so, we would welcome an application from you.
We seek individuals who:
– Can demonstrate effective safeguarding procedures;
– Understand the complexities and rewards of teaching in a small school;
– Are inspiring practitioners with outstanding classroom management skills;
– Are able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge and understanding of the curriculum and progression;
– Have the ability to creatively ensure that all learners achieve good or better progress from their starting points;
– Can differentiate to meet the needs of all groups of children in the class;
– Have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and show effective problem solving strategies;
– Have the ability to analyse and use assessment data effectively;
– Are positive, enthusiastic, creative and committed lifelong learners;
– Are reflective practitioners with professional curiosity;
– Have a passion for physical activity and school sports.
A suitable and relevant Teaching Qualification is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the office on 01844 277255 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to meet with Joanna Rousseau, Head of School.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
The application pack can be downloaded from www.clyst-hydon-primary.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to Mrs A Stephens, Administrator, by emailing email@example.com.
When applying, please specify which post you are applying for or if you would like to be considered for both.
Only applications completed using the DCC Teaching Staff application form will be considered. Please do not send a CV.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 6 December 2021 (exact day to be confirmed)
Devon County Schools
- Work Location
- Work Postcode
- Occupational Group
Teaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
- Job Term
- Appointment Type
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required