Disabled Children’s Services, are looking for two full time enthusiastic Community Care Workers (CCW) to join the Support and Advice Team (S&A). We are ideally looking for CCWs that have experience or an understanding of children with a range of additional needs and the complexities that this may bring.
The Support and Advice Team are responsible for Short Break plans and reviews for over 1500 children and young people with additional needs.
The positions available, are within the Reviewing workstream and the Transitions workstream. As a CCW in these workstreams you will undertake a high volume of reviews. We use a Resource Allocation Systems (RAS) as a tool to support the Short Break care plan/review for these children and their families. The reviews will be undertaken virtually or in person, working closely with parents and carers to complete this process. Alongside the reviews, the Transitions worker will consider Mental Capacity, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and young people’s transition into adulthood. You will be expected to work in partnership with our colleagues across the service including Health, Education, Social Work teams and support services.
You will be a flexible, caring and motivated individual with a passion for improving the lives of children and their families.
You will also:
- Have experience or understanding of young people with complex special/additional needs
- Knowledge of Safeguarding practices
- Work as part of a team and be able to communicate effectively with young people, parents and professionals
- Good telephone manner and ICT skills to ensure the data collected is recorded accurately and effectively.
- To have an ability to prioritise and work within a fast-paced team
- To work independently, whilst knowing when to seek further support
- An awareness of SEND (Special, Educational, Needs and Disability) and EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plans)
We offer a supportive positive working environment with regular supervision and training opportunities.
Devon County Council
- Work Location
- Work Postcode
- Occupational Group
Social Care & Health
- Salary Details
£24,012 - £27,041 per annum
- Job Term
- Appointment Type
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required