We are seeking to employ a part time Experienced Social Worker to work within the Child and Parent Assessment Team (CPAT) to undertake parenting assessments.
As part of the Devon Corporate Parenting Service you will be joining a stable and experienced team of childcare social workers and family practitioners who deliver parenting assessments either undertaken within child and parent fostering arrangements or in the community. Working within a childcare Social Care Setting you will be an active participant in a ‘Team Approach’ to child and parent placements and community-based parenting assessments. This post requires social workers to have experience of assessment and court work and the ability to travel around the county.
Collaborative and innovative in your approach, you will be passionately committed to making a positive difference to children, young people and their families in Devon. You will have knowledge and understanding of the legislation, models and theories relevant to childrens social work, excellent written and verbal communication skills, an ability to build effective professional relationships and excellent recording and planning skills.
We have a clear career pathway aligned to the BASW professional capability Framework (PCF) for social workers
We have an exceptionally supportive and stable management team that offer a good level of supervision so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy with dedicated support from our Restorative Practice Leads, as well as Research in Practice membership and full access to Devon Children and Families Safeguarding training programme.
- 24 days paid annual leave per year, inclusive of statutory days at Christmas (rising with length of service), plus bank holidays
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7
- Flexible working opportunities, including part-time hours, flexitime and homeworking (subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at interview)
If you’re moving to Devon to join us, we may be able to offer you a generous relocation package – there’s never been a better time to make the move!
- A social worker registered with Social Work England, you’ll need to have satisfactorily completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)*.
- Experience working within social care, including working in a multi-agency and court environment
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with children, families, and other professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation, models, and theories relevant to children’s social work
- Exceptional recording and planning skills
Devon County Council
- Work Location
- Occupational Group
Social Care & Health
- Salary Details
32910 - 36922 per annum pro rata
- Job Term
- Appointment Type
18.5 per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required