- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Economy, Enterprise & Skills
- Work Location
- Variety of locations including: County Hall, Department of Culture, Media and Sport and Remotely
- Occupational group
- Project & Programme Management
- Salary details
- £48,257 per annum
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 September 2018
- For an informal discussion please contact
- 07815 772519 (ask for Jamie Evans)
This post is on a one year fixed term contract.
The Heart of the South West (HotSW) Digital Skills Partnership (DSP) brings together businesses, charities, the education sector and public-sector organisations to tackle local digital skills challenges to build thriving and inclusive local economies. Devon County Council, on behalf of the HotSW LEP, is seeking to recruit an experienced and knowledgeable professional to fulfil the role of Digital Skills Partnership Manager.
This post will be required to:
- Develop and set the DSP’s strategic direction in conjunction with the Heart of the South West DSP Board;
- Act as an advocate for the DSP, driving forward its agenda and ensuring that its interests are promoted and secured;
- Build strong and effective working relationships with key businesses and partners in the South West and key civil servants in the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport;
- Identify, develop, scope and oversee the delivery of key projects over the period of one year which will facilitate the development of digital skills and digital skill utilisation across the South West. Given that this role is for a period of one year, the ability to initiate the delivery of a number of key projects will be essential;
- Secure a legacy of relevant activity and strong relationships for the DSP.
If you are an excellent communicator, proactive, with the ability to work independently and at pace, with significant knowledge of the digital sector, we would like to hear from you. You should be adaptable, tenacious, positive, resilient, able to prioritise workloads and work confidently with changing demands. We are looking for a candidate who will be able to operate with confidence in building partnerships at all management levels and with various types of organisations and businesses, using background knowledge, particularly of the digital sector, to inspire confidence and collaboration from these organisations.
Secondments into this role from other organisations and businesses are welcome.
When applying, please match the knowledge and experience sections from the Job Description within the supporting statement section of your application form.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.